MongoDB is the most popular and open source NoSQL database. Many times we need Management Studio to handle database.
MongoVUE – MongoVUE is an innovative MongoDB desktop application for Windows OS that gives you an elegant and highly usable GUI interface to work with MongoDB. Now there is one less worry in managing your web-scale data.
Open multiple connections to different MongoDB servers
View your MongoDB database as a hierarchical tree consisting of databases, collections, indexes and users
Peek at db and collection stats at the click of your mouse
Add new databases and collections easily through the GUI
Easily build indexes – either specify Json or use the point and click (visual) interface
Import relational data from MySQL, SQLServer or PostgreSQL into MongoDB automatically and start building your applications right away
Export your data (documents) to CSV, MS Excel or Json formats
Get a quick overview of your database
Use a highly customized and specifically designed interface for GridFS
Duplicate or create copies of collections
Copy collections from a database to another database (on a different or same server)
Learn MongoDB shell commands as you use different views in MongoVUE
• Very powerful and intuitive Admin GUI for MongoDB
• Open source,actively maintained and freely available
• Provides MongoDB Shell, multiple Shells, multiple tabs,auto-completion
• Robomongo executes your code in statement by statement way.
Website – http://robomongo.org/
Download – http://robomongo.org/
Platforms:Windows , Mac OS, Linux
MongoHUB – MongoHub is a mongodb GUI application. This repository is a mac native version of MongoHub. If you are using windows or linux please download use the source from http://github.com/bububa/MongoHub which is made by Titanium Desktop.
import/export to JSON/CSV documents
Support for SSH access
Website – https://code.google.com/p/mongohub/
Download – https://github.com/bububa/MongoHub
Platforms:Mac OS X
RockMongo – A Powerful MongoDB GUI Tool – RockMongo is a MongoDB administration tool, written in PHP 5, very easy to install and use.
• Faster, easy to install software written in php
• Browser based so no separate software installation
• Very friendly for phpMyAdmin users
• Support for individual plug-ins
Website – https://github.com/iwind/rockmongo
Download – https://github.com/iwind/rockmongo
Platforms: Browser based
UMongo – UMongo is a GUI app that can browse and administer a MongoDB cluster. It is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
connect to a single server, a replica set, or a MongoS instance
DB ops: create, drop, authenticate, command, eval, …
Collection ops: create, rename, drop, find, insert, save, …
Document ops: update, duplicate, remove, …
Index ops: create, drop, …
Shard ops: enable sharding, add shard, shard collection, …
GUI Document builder
Import / Export data from database to local files in JSON, BSON, CSV format.
Support for query options and write concerns (getLastError)
Display of numerous stats (server status, db stats, replication info, etc)
Mongo tree refreshes to have a real time view of cluster (servers up/down, durability, etc)
All operations are executed in background to keep UI responsive
Background threads can repeat commands automatically
GUI is identical on all OS
* Connect to MongoDB databases (MongoHQ, MongoLab, custom…)
* List, add, and remove collections
* Add, edit and delete documents
* Browse documents
* Write custom queries –
Website – https://github.com/grennis/mongoexplorer
Download – https://github.com/grennis/mongoexplorer
Mongo-Express – Web-based MongoDB admin interface written with Node.js and express
• Connect to multiple databases
• Connect and authenticate to individual databases
• Authenticate as admin to view all databases
• Database blacklist/white-list
• View/add/rename/delete collections
• View/add/update/delete documents
• Use BSON data types in documents
Website – http://andzdroid.github.io/mongo-express/
Download – http://andzdroid.github.io/mongo-express/
Platforms: Windows , Mac OS, Linux
Genghis – The single-file MongoDB admin app.
Website – http://genghisapp.com/
Download – http://genghisapp.com/
Nucleon Database Manager – Nucleon Database Manager is a modern, powerful, intuitive and easy to use database management and datasource query tool with innovative and advanced features.
Database Manager provides database object managers and provides data management for relational and not relation database systems.
1. Multiple Database Connections [Screenshot]: Allows to manage database connections in a single project file.
2. Datasource Explorer: TreeView database and datasource object explorer.
3. Database Manager: Create/Drop Databases: Allows to visualize all user and system databases.
4. Table Manager: Create/Edit/Drop Tables [Screenshot]
5. View Manager: Create/Edit/Drop Views [Screenshot]
6. Stored Procedure Manager: Create/Edit/Drop Stored Procedures [Screenshot]
7. Collection Manager (MongoDB) : Manage MongoDB Collections and Indexes [Screenshot]
8. Index Manager: Create/Edit/Drop Indexes [Screenshot]
9. Trigger Manager: Create/Drop Triggers [Screenshot]
10. Column Manager: Create/Edit/Drop Table Columns
11. SQL Query: Provides advanced sql query editor with intelli sense , code syntax coloring and and scripts. It also allows you to execute
12. JSON Query: JSON based query editor for MongoDB with intellisense and code syntax coloring
13. LINQ Query [Screenshot]: Allows to exeute LINQ to EF and LINQ to Dataset query editor.
14. LINQ to MOngoDB: Provides LINQ to MongoDB query editor.
15. Intelli-Sense: SQL and JSON Query Editor with Code Highlighting and IntelliSense [Screenshot]
16. Database Reports [Screenshot]: Provides some static reports for database objects
17. Host Information [Screenshot 1,2]: Provides data source information
18. User Management [Screenshot] : Provides user management for databsae systems.
19. Data Visualizers: Provides Text Visualizer, Chart Visualizer and Image Visualizer for BLOB data.
20. Table Data Editor: Create, Edit or Delete Data Records or Rows. [Screenshot]
21. Database Maintenance. Provides database and table maintenance options.
22. ER and Table Relations View [Screenshot]: Visualize database relations and constraints like a ER diagram
23. Visual SQL Query Builder [Screenshot]: Provides advanced and easy SQL query builder
24. Visual JSON Query Builder : Provides MongoDB Json query builder
25. Data Export: Supports data export to XML, XSD, CSV, HTML, HTML5, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, OpenOffice, Png-Image, PDF, XPS, JSON, MS Access, SQLite file formats. [Screenshot]
26. SQL Script Export: Allows to export database structure and data as a SQL Script. [Screenshot]
27. Data Package Export/Import: Allows to export and import data as a Xml based data package.
28. CSV Data Import: Import data from CSV files. [Screenshot]
29. Bulk SQL Import: Import data from SQL files. [Screenshot]
30. XML Import: Import XML files into your database system. [Screenshot]
31. Data Import from Data Sources: Allows to import data from other database systems or files.
32. Advanced Data View [Screenshot] : Allows to visualize data as tex, image or chart.
33. MongoDB Data View as Tree and Table style[Screenshot]
34. Search Engine: Search your data using string, datetime and number operators [Screenshot]
35. Code Factory: Generate code from your database schema. [Screenshot]
36. Templates : SQL/JSON/LINQ Templates for database object editing or creating.
37. Code Snippets: Manage your SQL/JSON Snippets and Templates
38. Database Schema (XSD) Export: Export your database schema as a XSD file.
39. MongoDB GridFS [Screenshot]: GridFS editor for handling MongoDB file system.
40. MongoDB Map/Reduce Editor: Provides map&reduce editor for MongoDB.
41. SQL to MongoDB Support: Database Manager allows you to execute SQL queries against MongoDB and can visualize data as flat table mode.
42. SSH Tunnelling Support
43. Database Monitoring: Monitors database systems with a advanced charting system.
44. Database Backup : Allows to backup your database as a single SQL script file-
45. OData Support: Datababase Manager supports MicrosoftOpen Data Protocol for web.
46. Apache Hive Support: Database Manager support Apache Hadoop Hive database system for data analytics and data query for Big Data.
Website – http://www.nucleonsoftware.com/Products/Database-Manager/Database-Manager-Feature-Details
Download – http://www.nucleonsoftware.com/Downloads
phpMoAdmin – MongoDB GUI Built on a stripped-down version of the Vork high-performance framework. Nothing to configure – place the moadmin.php file anywhere on your site and it just works. Its fast AJAX-driven XHTML 1.1 interface operates consistently in every browser!
Self-contained in a single 95kb file. It works on any version of PHP5 with the MongoDB NoSQL database & Mongo PHP driver.
List with data sizes
Show list of collections with number of objects within each
• Data objects
Single smart-search box accepts:
text with * wildcards
Regular Expressions (regex)
JSON (with Mongo-operators enabled)
Option to query MongoDB using JSON or a PHP array
Show objects with 3-different viewing options (full, compact & uniform)
Sort by any key within your data object (even nested sub-keys!) with ascending/descending option
Option to sort by $natural for rapid browsing of large datasets
Define the number of results to display per page (or unlimited)
Edit object data
• Mongo GridFS
GridFS objects automatically link GridFS chunks to GridFS files
• MongoDB stats
Uptime, memory, etc.
Log of previous errors
Version & bit-depth of MongoDB, Mongo PHP driver, phpMoAdmin, etc.
• Optional password-protection for one or more users
MongoDB GUI Tools – RazorSQL provides MongoDB GUI tools for easily querying, browsing, editing, and managing MongoDB databases. Listed below are examples of MongoDB GUI tools provided by RazorSQL.
Feature Reference by Menu Grouping – Detailed information on each of the menu options in RazorSQL.
Database Specific Features – Detailed information on the features offered for each database such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, SQLite, and many more.
Advanced Connection Features – The various ways RazorSQL can connect to databases.
Database and SQL Tools – The various tools provided by RazorSQL
SQL Editor – Features of the SQL editor included in RazorSQL.
Database Browser – Features of the database browser included in RazorSQL.
Built-in Database – Features of the built-in relational database included in RazorSQL.
3T MongoChef – the GUI for MongoDB
3T MongoChef, the GUI for MongoDB, lets you edit any MongoDB data type directly in a tree-view, table-view or as free JSON text. Visually add documents, fields and values of any MongoDB type with just a stroke of a key – anywhere in your document!
In-Place Editor: Tree and Table
Fully Integrated Shell with Syntax Highlighting
Table-View Editor for Embedded Objects and Arrays
Drag-and-Drop MongoDB Search
Import and Export of Documents and Collections
User and Role Management
Add and Modify MongoDB Indexes
Lossless JSON Editor
GridFS Support and Viewer
Website – http://3t.io/
Download – http://3t.io/
Platforms: Windows , Mac OS, Linux
NoSQL Manager – MongoDB GUI tools and Shell power for everyone.
NoSQL Manager for MongoDB
Desktop GUI tool for Mongo database management, administration and development.
Full support for MongoDB 3.1
Certified on MongoDB Enterprise 2.4 and 2.6 versions
Full functional Mongo GUI Shell with code autocompletion and hints
Support of replica sets and standalone hosts connections
Easy-to-use document viewer and editor with Tree, Table and JSON view modes
Simple view and management of all Mongo objects: databases, collections, indices, users, roles and functions
SSH tunneling for Mongo connections
Map-Reduce operations editor
File Manager tool to work with GridFS
UI for mongodump and mongorestore utilities
Simple management of shards and replica sets